US Student Visa & Admission


The United States is the world’s leading student destination. It offers unparalleled scope for students from all streams to study and excel in their chosen fields. Coupled with an economy that requires new talent every year, it is the ideal destination for students looking to study and make a life after graduation. We offer authoritative support students need to study in the US. Our understanding of the US education system and vast experience with its visa process make us your best bet to study in the US.


The US universities are able to provide the best possible platform to international students, which is evident from their high rankings. The Country’s education system offers the most comprehensive coursework to students with an equal emphasis on both practical and theoretical learning.

  • Affordable Education
  • Diversity and Flexibility
  • Outstanding support system for overseas students
  • Healthy and Safe Communities
  • International students can often work while they study & Internships
  • Exciting Campus Lifestyle


The US Universities fall under two major categories: public-funded and private institutions. International students’ tuition expenses at state schools are based on nonresident costs, which are still usually less expensive than those of private universities. You will need approximately $10,000 to $55,000 annually to cover your tuition fees.

Study Program Approximate tuition fees in USD$
Undergraduate Bachelor Degree $15,000 to $40,000 per year
Graduate programs $20,000 to $40,000 per year
Doctoral Degree $20,000 to $45,000 per year


Universities and Colleges in the US have 3 intakes. Students have the option of choosing the term of their study from three main flexible intakes, Spring (January), Fall (September) and Summer (May).

Intake 1: Fall Semester – It commences in August/September and is the major intake.

Intake 2: Spring Semester – It commences in January/February intake is also available.

Intake 3: Summer Semester – It commences in May/June and is available for selected Courses.


Student Applicant:

  • Students must be over 18 years of age
  • International students can work on-campus up to 20 hours/week or less during the academic terms and full-time during the academic break periods including the summertime
  • Off-campus employment requires some form of written or documented authorization issued by either the USCIS or OISS. And also, you must be currently in legal status and have been enrolled as an F-1 student in the US for a minimum of one academic year to be eligible for any form of off-campus employment


Per U.S. government regulations, only married spouses can obtain a dependent visa status. The student, scholar or employee can add a dependent spouse to his or her record, and the spouse can then obtain a dependent visa status (F-2, J-2 or H-4). These dependent statuses do have certain restrictions.


  1. Submit the Form DS-160
  2. Pay the visa fees
  3. Schedule the transit visa interview at the US embassy or consulate
  4. Submit the required documents
  5. Attend the visa interview

What Are the Restrictions of the C1 Visa?

Since the C1 visa does not allow you to stay in the US, there are several restrictions which you will have to follow with the C1 visa, you cannot:

  • Stay in the US for more than the designated time.
  • Travel or study in the US.
  • Find employment in the US.
  • Extend the C1 visa.
  • Adjust or change the status of the C1 visa.
  • Apply for a Green Card with a C1 visa.
  • Bring dependents with only one transit visa.
  • Dependents cannot travel, work, or study in the US on the C1 visa

How Long Can I Stay in the US with a C1 Visa?

Since transiting is for aa short duration, the validity of the C1 visa is short.  The visa is valid for a period of a maximum of 29 days or until the date of departure from the US on your ticket, whichever is earlier.


D visa or Crewmember visa is one of the non-immigrant visas issued by the U.S government. This visa is specifically for those people who work on commercial sea vessels or international airlines that go through the U.S. For these sea vessels and airlines to run normal operations, their crew must be allowed to pass through the U.S and make short stops.

With the D visa, the crew members can go through to the U.S and stay in the country for a maximum of 29 days.

The D visa allows the crews to go through the U.S and stay for a maximum of 29 days. Holders of the D visa can leave the dock or airport for this duration but must also leave the country within 29 days. The D visa can only be used for the purpose of passing through the U.S.

The visa processing time can vary between 3 to 5 days or even up to 2 weeks. Processing times for any U.S visa depends on the workload of the U.S Embassy from where you are applying. If there are more applications, it will take a longer time.

Requirements to get the D visa

To get the D visa, the person must be working on a vessel or airline travelling to the U.S and only passing through. The following job positions qualify for a D visa:

  • Flight attendant or pilot on a commercial airplane
  • Captain, deckhand, or engineer on a sea vessel
  • Lifeguard, waiter, cook, or other supporting staff on cruise ships
  • Trainee on board of a training vessel

Individuals who perform the following duties cannot apply for a D visa:

  • Dry dock duties such as repairs while the boat is docked on a U.S port
  • Occupants of a fishing vessel which has an operating base or home port in the U.S
  • Substitute coasting officer
  • Workers on a private yacht which will be docked in the U.S for more than 29 days
  • Crewmembers on a vessel going to the Outer Continental Shelf

Documents required for U.S D visa

  • Completed DS-160 application form.
  • Your passport with at least one blank page to be able to affix visa.
  • One photograph fulfilling the requirements set by the U.S authorities.
  • Proof of having paid transit visa fees.
  • Interview confirmation page and its copy
  • Letter describing the purpose of your trip from your company or employer
  • Proof of ties to your home country such as family documents, job contract, lease, or property deed, which prove you do not intend to stay in the U.S for more than 29 days
  • Letter from your employer with these details:
    • Name of the vessel
    • Period of time you will be in the U.S.
    • Date and port of entry
    • Date and port of exit
    • Your job position with description of duties
    • Your salary while in the U.S.
  • Copies of employer work records from your employer
  • The Continuous Discharge Certificate (CDC)
  • Travel authorization from your company
  • Certificates and diplomas verifying your qualifications;
  • Criminal records or letter from authorities stating that you do not have prior convictions